Archive for March 2012
We’re used to tweeting what music is playing on our computer/ ipod/ radio… serendipity is great, but I wanted to tweet out what I want to listen to – and have my computer play the track automatically.
… and one day, I got in ;)
- all images must be scaled up/down to certain sizes (thumbnail 120×120, small 300×300, large 500×500)
- prefer square images, provide a cropping tool
- keywords come from dictionary only. allow crowd-sourcing keywords/tags for each image
- autofill/autosuggest keywords (use NLTK/wordnet to help pick forms of verbs / synonyms like "frown/ frowning"
- people can add images, crop and center and tag them
- people can add/flag tags
- people can browse the images based on various criteria (missing tags, few tags, popularity)
- people can search based on tags
- if possible, image-matching algorithm can avoid duplicates while adding
- allow people to flag duplicates – in which case, the URL can be redirected to original
- browse entire catalog
- search by keyword
- sort by popularity
- sort by newest
- search "similar" (based on keywords, later, if possible based on image analysis)
- click on a button to copy url to clipboard
- click a button to send to twitter / fb etc.
- When somebody searches for keywords and is shown an image, allow them to vote down a keyword for that image (say, somebody tagged an image as "angry" but the expression really is "sly"… voting down "angry" will either flag/remove the keyword or reduce its priority.